The last chairlift / John Irving.
In Aspen, Colorado, in 1941, Rachel Brewster is a slalom skier at the National Downhill and Slalom Championships. Little Ray, as she is called, finishes nowhere near the podium, but she manages to get pregnant. Back home, in New England, Little Ray becomes a ski instructor. Her son, Adam, grows up in a family that defies conventions and evades questions concerning the eventful past. Years later, looking for answers, Adam will go to Aspen. In the Hotel Jerome, where he was conceived, Adam will meet some ghosts; they aren't the first or the last ghosts he sees.
- ISBN: 9781797111223
- ISBN: 1797111221
- Physical Description: 29 audio discs (approximately 1,967 min.) ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Simon & Schuster Audio, 
Title from web page.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Jacques Roy ; featuring a supporting ensemble.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Skiers > Fiction.
Authors > Fiction.
Family secrets > Fiction.
Mothers and sons > Fiction.
Fathers and sons > Fiction.
Spirits > Fiction.
Exeter (N.H.) > Fiction.
Aspen (Colo.) > Fiction.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.