Being Henry : the Fonz ... and beyond / Henry Winkler; written with James Kaplan
Henry Winkler, launched into prominence by his role as 'The Fonz' in the beloved Happy Days, has transcended the role that made him who he is. Brilliant, funny and widely-regarded as the nicest man in Hollywood (though he would be the first to tell you that it's simply not the case, he's really just grateful to be here), Henry shares in this achingly vulnerable memoir the disheartening truth of his childhood, the difficulties of a life with severe dyslexia, the pressures of a role that takes on a life of its own and the path forward once your wildest dream seems behind you. Since the glorious era of Happy Days fame, Henry has endeared himself to a new generation with roles in such adored shows as Arrested Development, Parks and Recreation, and Barry, where he's revealed himself as an actor with immense depth and pathos, a departure from the period of his life when he was so distinctly typecast as The Fonz, he could hardly find work.
- ISBN: 9798885793438
- Physical Description: 405 pages (large print), 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, ©2023.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Winkler, Henry, 1945-
Television actors and actresses > United States > Biography.
Dyslexia > Biography.
Dyslexie > Biographies.
|Genre:||autobiographies (literary works)
Large print books.
Search for related items by series
- 0 of 2 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.