How to know a person / David Brooks.
Driven by his trademark sense of curiosity, Brooks draws from the fields of psychology and neuroscience, and from the worlds of theatre, history, and education, to present a welcoming, hopeful, integrated approach to human connection. He helps listeners become more understanding and considerate towards others, and find the joy that comes from being seen. Along the way he offers a possible remedy for a society that is riven by fragmentation, hostility, and misperception. The act of seeing another person, Brooks argues, is a profoundly creative act: How can we look somebody in the eye and see something large in them, and in turn, see something larger in ourselves?
- ISBN: 9780593790786
- ISBN: 0593790782
- Physical Description: 6 audio discs (7 hr., 28 min.) ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [New York] : Random House Audio, 
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by the author.
Search for related items by subject
- 0 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.