Let us descend : a novel / Jesmyn Ward.
Annis, sold south by the white enslaver who fathered her, is the reader's guide through this hellscape. As she struggles through the miles-long march, Annis turns inward, seeking comfort from memories of her mother and stories of her African warrior grandmother. Throughout, she opens herself to a world beyond this world, one teeming with spirits: of earth and water, of myth and history; spirits who nurture and give, and those who manipulate and take. While Ward leads listeners through the descent, this, her fourth novel, is ultimately a story of rebirth and reclamation. From one of the most singularly brilliant and beloved writers of her generation, this miracle of a novel inscribes Black American grief and joy into the very land, the rich but unforgiving forests, swamps, and rivers of the American South.
- ISBN: 9781797161501
- ISBN: 1797161504
- Physical Description: 7 audio discs (8 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [New York] : Simon & Schuster Audio, 2023.
- Copyright: ℗2023,
Title from container.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by the author.
Search for related items by subject
- 0 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.