Mrs. Porter calling : a novel / AJ Pearce.
"London, April 1943. Emmy Lake is in charge of "Yours Cheerfully," the popular advice column in Woman's Friend magazine. Emmy is dedicated to helping readers face the increasing challenges brought about by over three years of war. But her world is turned upside down when Mrs. Cressida Porter becomes the new publisher of the magazine and wants to change everything the readers love. Worst of all, she announces that she is cutting the "Yours Cheerfully" column and her vision for the publication's future seems dire. With the stakes higher than ever, Emmy and her friends must find a way to save the magazine that they love"-- Back cover.
- ISBN: 9798885790765
- Physical Description: 503 pages (large print) ; 22 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2023.
- Copyright: ©2023
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women journalists > England > London > Fiction.
World War, 1939-1945 > England > London > Fiction.
Advice columnists > Fiction.
Periodicals > Fiction.
Socialites > Fiction.
Friendship > Fiction.
London (England) > Fiction.
Large type books.
Large print books.
Search for related items by series
- 0 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.