Killing the witches : the horror of Salem, Massachusetts / Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard.
"Killing the Witches revisits the events of 1692 and 1693 in Salem Village, Massachusetts. What began as a mysterious affliction of two young girls who suffered violent fits and exhibited strange behavior soon spread to other young women. Rumors of demonic possession and witchcraft consumed Salem. Soon three women were arrested under suspicion of being witches--but as the hysteria spread, more than two hundred people were accused. Thirty were found guilty, twenty were executed, and others died in jail or their lives were ruined. What really happened in Salem?"-- Back cover.
- ISBN: 9798885793209
- Physical Description: 437 pages (large print) : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: [Waterville, ME] : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage company, 2023.
- Copyright: ©2023
"Published in 2023 by arrangement with St. Martin's Publishing Group." --T.p. verso
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Salem (Mass.) > History > Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
Witches > Massachusetts > Salem > Violence against > History > 17th century.
Trials (Witchcraft) > Massachusetts > Salem > History > 17th century.
|Genre:||Large type books.
Search for related items by series
- 2 of 3 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.