The river we remember : a novel / William Kent Krueger.
"On Memorial Day, as the people of Jewel, Minnesota gather to remember and honor the sacrifice of so many sons in the wars of the past, the half-clothed body of wealthy landowner Jimmy Quinn is found floating in the Alabaster River, dead from a shotgun blast. Investigation of the murder falls to Sheriff Brody Dern. As suspicions and accusations mount and the town teeters on the edge of more violence, Dern struggles to find the truth. Caught up in the torrent of anger are a war widow and her adolescent son, the publisher of the local newspaper, an aging deputy, and a crusading female lawyer, all of whom harbor secrets that Quinn's death threatens to expose"-- Back cover.
- ISBN: 9798885792073
- Physical Description: 653 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2023.
- Copyright: ©2023
"Published in 2023 by arrangement with Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc." --T.p. verso
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Sheriffs > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Veterans > Fiction.
Indians of North America > Fiction.
Psychic trauma > Fiction.
World War, 1939-1945 > Veterans > Fiction.
Memorial Day > Fiction.
Minnesota > Fiction.
Detective and mystery fiction.
Large type books.
- 0 of 3 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.