The Armor of Light / Ken Follett.
The Spinning Jenny was invented in 1770, and with that, a new era of manufacturing and industry changed lives everywhere within a generation. A world filled with unrest wrestles for control over this new world order: A mother's husband is killed in a work accident due to negligence; a young woman fights to fund her school for impoverished children; a well-intentioned young man unexpectedly inherits a failing business; one man ruthlessly protects his wealth no matter the cost, all the while war cries are heard from France, as Napoleon sets forth a violent master plan to become emperor of the world. As institutions are challenged and toppled in unprecedented fashion, ripples of change ricochet through our characters' lives as they are left to reckon with the future and a world they must rebuild from the ashes of war.
- ISBN: 9780593789612
- Physical Description: 18 audio discs (21hr., 30 min.) : CD audio digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [New York, NY] : Penguin Audio, 
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by John Lee.
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- 0 of 2 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.