Family lore / Elizabeth Acevedo.
"Flor has a gift: she can predict, to the day, when someone will die. So when she decides she wants a living wake—a party to bring her family and community together to celebrate the long life she’s led—her sisters are surprised. Has Flor foreseen her own death, or someone else’s? Does she have other motives? She refuses to tell her sisters, Matilde, Pastora, and Camila. But Flor isn’t the only person with secrets: her sisters are hiding things, too. And the next generation, cousins Ona and Yadi, face tumult of their own. Spanning the three days prior to the wake, Family Lore traces the lives of each of the Marte women, weaving together past and present, Santo Domingo and New York City. "-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9798885790925
- Physical Description: 513 pages (large print) ; 23 cm
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, ©2023.
"Published in 2023 by arrangement with Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers." --T.p. verso
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Families > Fiction.
Dominican Americans > Fiction.
Psychic ability > Fiction.
Cousins > Fiction.
Wake services > Fiction.
Death > Fiction.
Magic > Fiction.
Forecasting > Fiction.
Secrecy > Fiction.
New York (N.Y.) > Fiction.
Large print books.
- 1 of 2 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.