Confessions of a candy snatcher / Phoebe Sinclair ; illustrated by Theodore Taylor III.
"For the past few years, twelve-year-old Jonas and his friends have competed to see how many bags of candy they can grab from unsuspecting trick-or-treaters. No one's supposed to get hurt, just lose their treats. So Jonas is taken by surprise when one of his smaller targets fights back against his snatching attempt. He's even more surprised when he starts to receive anonymous notes from someone who knows what happened that night. Jonas already has enough on his plate, between his parents' ill-defined separation and his own guilt--guilt his friend Concepción challenges him to confront in a zine she's creating around the prompt "What's the worst thing you ever did?" It's a complicated question, one that touches on issues of identity, maturity, physical boundaries, and safety"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781536213683
- ISBN: 1536213683
- Physical Description: 315 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2023.
"A Junior Library Guild selection"--Title page verso
Search for related items by subject
- 1 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.