The armor of light / Ken Follett.
"The spinning jenny, a device that reduced the amount of work required to produce cloth, was patented in 1770 and a new era of industry changed lives everywhere. A world filled with unrest wrestles for control over this new world order: A mother's husband is killed in a work accident; a young woman fights to fund her school for impoverished children; a young man unexpectedly inherits a failing business; one man ruthlessly protects his wealth, all the while war cries are heard from France, as Napoleon sets forth a violent master plan to become emperor of the world. As institutions are challenged and toppled, our characters are left to reckon with a world they must rebuild from the ashes of war"-- Back cover.
- ISBN: 9798885790215
- Physical Description: 861 pages (large print) : map ; 25 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: [Waterville, ME] : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2023.
- Copyright: ©2023
Series numeration from goodreads.com
"Published in 2023 by arrangement with Viking, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC." --T.p. verso
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Large type books.
Search for related items by series
- 0 of 2 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 3 current holds with 2 total copies.