Touched : a novel / Walter Mosley.
Martin wakes up one morning after what feels like, and might actually be, a centuries-long sleep with two new innate pieces of knowledge: Humanity is a virus destined to destroy all existence. And he is the Cure. Martin, his wife, and his two children are the only Black family on their neighborhood block in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles. Suddenly, Martin is both father and Antibody, husband and Cure, occasionally slipping into an alternate consciousness; equipped with unprecedented physical strength; to violently defend them. The family is stalked by Tor Waxman; the pale, white-haired embodiment of death who wears a dapper suit, carries a cane, and seeks to destroy all life with his fatal touch. Martin must convince his family of the danger and get them to engage with him in a battle beyond all imagining.
- ISBN: 9780802161840
- ISBN: 0802161847
- Physical Description: 159 pages ; 20 cm.
- Edition: First Grove Atlantic hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Atlantic Monthly Press, 2023.
- Copyright: ©2023
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Families > Fiction.
Humanity > Fiction.
Consciousness > Fiction.
African Americans > Fiction.
Good and evil > Fiction.
Alternative histories (Fiction)
- 2 of 3 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.