What you are looking for is in the library : a novel / Michiko Aoyama ; translated from the Japanese by Alison Watts.
What are you looking for? So asks Tokyo's most enigmatic librarian. For Sayuri Komachi is able to sense exactly what each visitor to her library is searching for and provide just the book recommendation to help them find it. A restless retail assistant looks to gain new skills, a mother tries to overcome demotion at work after maternity leave, a conscientious accountant yearns to open an antique store, a recently retired salaryman searches for newfound purpose. In Komachi's unique book recommendations they will find are just what they need to achieve their dreams. What You Are Looking For Is in the Library is about the magic of libraries and the discovery of connection. This inspirational tale shows how, by listening to our hearts, seizing opportunity and reaching out, we too can fulfill our lifelong dreams. Which book will you recommend?
- ISBN: 9781335005625 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1335005625 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 300 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Publisher: Toronto, Ontario, Canada : Hanover Square Press, 
- Copyright: ©2020
First English-language edition published in Great Britain in 2023 by Doubleday, an imprint of Transworld Publishers.--Title page verso.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Reference librarians > Fiction.
Library users > Fiction.
Books and reading > Fiction.
Counseling > Fiction.
Tokyo (Japan) > Fiction.
- 0 of 3 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 2 copies available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 3 current holds with 3 total copies.