Poverty, by America / Matthew Desmond.
"The United States, the richest country on earth, has more poverty than any other advanced democracy. Why? Why does this land of plenty allow one in every eight of its children to go without basic necessities, permit scores of its citizens to live and die on the streets, and authorize its corporations to pay poverty wages? In this landmark book, acclaimed sociologist Matthew Desmond draws on history, research, and original reporting to show how affluent Americans knowingly and unknowingly keep poor people poor"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9780593678541
- Physical Description: xii, 383 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First large print edition.
- Publisher: New York : Random House Large Print, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 239-361) and index.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Poverty > United States.
Poverty > Prevention.
Poor > United States.
|Genre:||Large print books.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.