Meet Claudie : an American girl 1922 / by Brit Bennett.
Claudie Wells believes everyone has a talent - everyone except for her. She's growing up in New York City's Harlem neighborhood during the 1920s. Her world is filled with writers and poets, painters and sculptors, actors and dancers, singers and musicians. Claudie wants more than anything to be a person whose imagination can fly instead of a person whose feet are stuck on the ground. She tries dancing, singing, painting, and even baking, but none of those are her talent. When an eviction notice threatens her family, her friends, and the beloved home they share, Claudie has an idea that just might save the day. But to make it work, she'll have to take a chance on herself and find out whether she has the talent it takes to soar. --Inside jacket.
- ISBN: 9781683372028
- ISBN: 1683372026
- Physical Description: 91 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Middleton, WI : American Girl, 
|Target Audience Note:||
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- 0 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.